Two years ago today, and after weeks of turning down invitations, I finally agreed to meet Adam for drinks. That very casual date turned into another… then another… and before I knew it Adam was asking me to be his girlfriend over burgers and frozen drinks on a Sunday Funday in October. (You can read our entire story here.)
In a little over six months, we will become husband and wife in front of our family and closest friends. In honor of this anniversary and impending nuptials, here are a few reasons that I’m crazy about this man of mine.
- He is spontaneous and adventurous, which is perfect for an over-planning worry wort like myself.
- He makes an effort to get to know and love my family and friends. And they love him too!
- He is affectionate and caring, even around others. (See Exhibit A at the top of this post.) I’m also pretty sure he is the cuddliest person I’ve ever met.
- He works hard and appreciates his job, something you don’t see a lot of in the military. His appreciation and commitment to his job makes me want to excel more at mine.
- He is a great puppy daddy and I can only imagine he’ll make a great baby daddy one day.
- He makes our house feel like a home. It is hard for me to imagine a time Adam wasn’t a permanent residence at
myour home. I also love that he appreciates the house and does his part to maintain and improve it.
- He is equal parts silly and serious and always knows the right time for each.
- He is romantic and reminds me every day that chivalry is alive and well.
- He is fiscally responsible, but not overly frugal.
- He is protective and supportive. He’s also not afraid to stand up to me or speak the truth. (Nobody likes a doormat.)
- He wants to solve problems, not sweep them under the rug. This is applicable to all areas of his life, not just our relationship.
- He’s really, really, ridiculously good looking. (I mean, come on – it doesn’t hurt that he’s also nice to look at!)
I am thankful for the last two years spent with this sweet, funny, caring, and loving man. And I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for us.
Love you more… ♥